"One of the best ways to grow and mature as a believer is to continually remind yourself who you are and what you possess as a child of God. The more you affirm who you are in Christ, the more your behavior will reflect your true identity"

We are children of god! We are one with the earth, the waters and the sky that god created for us. So, remember that we were created to glorify God in all that we do. Respect the land and all that inhabit it. Hold in reverence all that nurish our bodies, the birds in the sky, the fish of the water and the plants and animals of the earth.

Hunting is a way of life in our home, almost as much as family and faith, almost. We hunt to live. I want nothing more than to teach my children the reverance and respect for the land and its animals. To become stewards of God's earth.



Welcome!

Welcome to my little place in the world! As you can see its a work in progres... I hope to cronicle some of my adventures in the outdoors as well as my relationship with the Lord. Please take time to look around and don't be afraid to comment! Thanks for stopping by!



Sunday, June 26, 2011

Underdog!


“There’s no need to fear, Underdog is here!” He would swoop in wearing his red tights and blue cape to fight the bad guys and save Sweet Polly. Defending the world against anything and everything evil! Now when I was growing up, this was a cartoon that originally aired between 1964 and 1973 (124 episodes to be exact.) How many of you remember this?

My point? Well, we don’t have a real life super hero that will save us from all the evil in this world… Or do we…

Psalm 23:4 “Even thought I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” God is telling us that no matter where we find ourselves or what we are going through He will be there to comfort us. We need not fear anything!
Matthew 8:24-26 “Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying Lord save us! We’re going to drown! He replied, you of little faith, why are you so afraid? Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves and it was completely calm.” Here is Jesus telling us that as long as he is with us we have nothing to fear! “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Why are we afraid? Human nature I guess, but let’s look at it this way, if we believe in the one and only true living God, we have the greatest super hero of all on our side. I have a lot more I would like to write about fear but I think it can wait until a later time. There is some thing else I need to address now.

To someone very special in our life who is facing a great unknown (you know who you are and I know you read my blog), don’t forget to pray with audacious faith! Pray with strength and conviction. Pray with no fear. And pray knowing that God is always with you! Never give up! No matter what you find or how you find yourself, you are and always will be a child of God! We love you and your family, and will be praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment