"One of the best ways to grow and mature as a believer is to continually remind yourself who you are and what you possess as a child of God. The more you affirm who you are in Christ, the more your behavior will reflect your true identity"

We are children of god! We are one with the earth, the waters and the sky that god created for us. So, remember that we were created to glorify God in all that we do. Respect the land and all that inhabit it. Hold in reverence all that nurish our bodies, the birds in the sky, the fish of the water and the plants and animals of the earth.

Hunting is a way of life in our home, almost as much as family and faith, almost. We hunt to live. I want nothing more than to teach my children the reverance and respect for the land and its animals. To become stewards of God's earth.



Welcome!

Welcome to my little place in the world! As you can see its a work in progres... I hope to cronicle some of my adventures in the outdoors as well as my relationship with the Lord. Please take time to look around and don't be afraid to comment! Thanks for stopping by!



Friday, June 10, 2011

Choices

Choices, we all make them. We make them every day. Some as menial as what to wear or even what show to watch on tv. Some seem menial but actually affect the rest of our lives. I think that a lot of the choices we make are not fully understood until it is too late, partly because we (or at least I) don’t spend enough time thinking about them before we make them.

Food is a tough choice for me but a choice that I have to make every single day. Here is the problem, in the past I have made bad choices when it came to what and how much to eat. These choices really have affected the rest of my life, not only my life but my family’s life too. I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. This is something that will affect my family and me from now on. Since my diagnosis I have begun to make better choices, and am on the road to taking back control of this part of my life.

With our faith, we have the same problem. We make choices every single day that will not only affect the rest of our lives but I truly believe these choices also affect our family and their future too. If I choose to over eat and not exercise, what am I teaching my kids? If I choose to ignore God and his plans for us, what am I teaching my kids? Here is a perfect example of how growing my own faith has also affected my children and their faith. A while back I felt the need to start praying before our evening meal. I am not sure why but that is how I felt led at that time. Now my wife has worked with the children on praying so this was not something totally new to them, just new to this time and place. We have said meal time prayers in the past but usually something generic and the same every time. I wanted to start using this time to pray for whatever/however each of us felt led. Not long into this process, it was the children leading the evening meal prayer. How cool is that!

I heard something a while back that fits both problems/solutions in my life and I want to share it with others. We need to start thinking about the ultimate and not the immediate. The ultimate goal is to live a long and healthy life and spend an eternity with the Lord. This should influence every single decision that we make no matter how big or how small.

I choose to start this and every day to make better decisions in my life, not only for my health but for my faith.

Thank you Lord for opening my eyes to the mistakes that I have made. Help me find the strength to stay the course, not only for me but for my family and most of all for you.

Do we live for today or do we live forever? It’s your choice…

No comments:

Post a Comment