"One of the best ways to grow and mature as a believer is to continually remind yourself who you are and what you possess as a child of God. The more you affirm who you are in Christ, the more your behavior will reflect your true identity"

We are children of god! We are one with the earth, the waters and the sky that god created for us. So, remember that we were created to glorify God in all that we do. Respect the land and all that inhabit it. Hold in reverence all that nurish our bodies, the birds in the sky, the fish of the water and the plants and animals of the earth.

Hunting is a way of life in our home, almost as much as family and faith, almost. We hunt to live. I want nothing more than to teach my children the reverance and respect for the land and its animals. To become stewards of God's earth.



Welcome!

Welcome to my little place in the world! As you can see its a work in progres... I hope to cronicle some of my adventures in the outdoors as well as my relationship with the Lord. Please take time to look around and don't be afraid to comment! Thanks for stopping by!



Monday, May 9, 2011

Any Given Sunday

I know, I stole that title, but for some reason it just fit what I was thinking about. It can happen any given Sunday. Growing up a Minnesota Vikings fan I have had occasions to pray on behalf of my professional sports team. If you think about their unprecedented super bowl record, their tendency to lose all focus in the first round of the play offs, or even the whole Favre situation of the past few years, you will understand what I am talking about. Why, why, why I ask myself year after year, do I put myself through it all? I don’t have any good answer but something keeps me coming back. Could it be the improbable run several years ago that ended against the Saints in the playoffs? I guess but that is kind of the point. If I had given up, I would have never seen that incredible run towards the super bowl. So they failed…big deal. I am used to it by now. I have been a fan all of my life. This year I am just hoping that we have a season. I already have tickets to a game. I have not watched one live in 30 years! So, miss a game and you miss a chance to feel that spark, that hope, that joy that just maybe this is the year! Now days I am starting to feel that way about church, I am becoming a fan of Jesus! As much as I look forward to seeing the purple and gold of my Vikings on tv, I look forward to hearing the word of God in church every Sunday. Since redirecting my life towards Christ, I have been excited about going to church again. I say again because I can remember a time when I was growing up that I looked forward to church. I can tell you that for many years that feeling was gone. It fell by the way side for one reason or another but it was gone. Not any more. I wake on Sunday morning with excitement and enthusiasm. I look forward to hearing the word of God. The reason? Have you ever had that moment in time when it all clicked? When you felt the hand of God directing you to a goal or a purpose? Or maybe just helping you make a decision that you have been struggling with for a while? Well now days that is what I get out of church. A very smart person once told me “you will never really hear God until you know him better and the only way to know him better is to become familiar with his word.” Never truer words have been spoken. Every since I have taken it upon myself to become better acquainted with my bible, I have realized that God has been speaking to me all along. I just couldn’t hear him because we were still just acquaintances. Now that I know him better through his word I have realized all the times that he has been speaking to me. Sound like something you might want to experience? All you have to do is show up on Sunday morning and I don’t mean for the football game. It’s the chance to feel that spark, that hope, that joy…just maybe this year is the year! It could be the best year of your life if you just give it a shot. It could happen, on Any Given Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment