"One of the best ways to grow and mature as a believer is to continually remind yourself who you are and what you possess as a child of God. The more you affirm who you are in Christ, the more your behavior will reflect your true identity"

We are children of god! We are one with the earth, the waters and the sky that god created for us. So, remember that we were created to glorify God in all that we do. Respect the land and all that inhabit it. Hold in reverence all that nurish our bodies, the birds in the sky, the fish of the water and the plants and animals of the earth.

Hunting is a way of life in our home, almost as much as family and faith, almost. We hunt to live. I want nothing more than to teach my children the reverance and respect for the land and its animals. To become stewards of God's earth.



Welcome!

Welcome to my little place in the world! As you can see its a work in progres... I hope to cronicle some of my adventures in the outdoors as well as my relationship with the Lord. Please take time to look around and don't be afraid to comment! Thanks for stopping by!



Monday, May 2, 2011

Alligator and Elk
































I have found something to love about this time of year. It is the opportunity to dream! You see the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission release applications for special permit hunts around this time every year. That's right, the chance to dream of alligators and elk! Faithfully each year I fill out the application for these 2 hunts just hoping for the chance at one of these very limited permits. Both the alligator and the elk are on my list of dream hunts and what could be more satisfying than to have the opportunity to hunt them in my home state. Sure I could spend thousands of dollars to pursue the mighty elk in Colorado or New Mexico but what fun would that be? The fierce alligator is easily sought after and taken in Florida where they roam in abundance but is much more elusive here in our own back yard. Yes I know, my chances of being drawn are like 1,000,000,000 to 1 and yet I still keep trying! Maybe its not even the chance for the hunt any more but just the chance to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment